HOUSING AUTHORITY OF BALTIMORE CITY (HABC)
In order to address the Coronavirus and to prevent the spread of the viruses for all our residents and staff. We want our residents in the public housing communities to know that at this time we are open for business to address all emergencies in resident units, such as no heat, water, electricity, issues involving sewer and sanitation, or any issues relating to safety and security. All routine work orders will be processed on a priority basis. In addition, HABC will continue to make reasonable accommodation modifications.
The Section 8 and Public Housing Offices located at 1225 Pratt Street will be closed to the Public effective March 16 through March 27. All appointments, inspections and voucher briefings will be re-scheduled at a later date. More importantly, we are encouraging all residents and staff to follow the best practices provided by the CDC to maintain a sanitary environment and keep themselves safe and healthy.
Notice Regarding Rent Adjustments for Loss of Income Due to the Coronavirus -
Letter to HABC Public Housing Residents
Notice Regarding Rent Adjustments for Loss of Income Due to the Coronavirus –
Letter to HABC Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) Participants
DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (DHCD)
The Department of Housing & Community Development’s One-Stop Shop, located at 417 E. Fayette Street, will close to the public beginning Monday, March 16. No permit applications will not be accepted in person until further notice. The Department is also suspending all in-person services for permits and plan reviews (construction and building permits) and licensing and registration (property, contractors, and alarms).
Visit dhcd.baltimorecity.gov and go to the “Permits and Inspections” link to process online, or call
443-984-1809 for Permits and Plans Review, and 410-396-3575 for Licensing and Registration.
TEMPORARY RENTAL SUPPORT PROGRAM
Baltimore City is launching a temporary rent support program designed to help people who have lost income because of COVID-19 pay their rent. For more information, see flyer below. The program will begin taking applications starting July, 1, 2020, to apply, please visit https://dhcd.baltimorecity.gov/baltimore-covid-19-emergency-rental-assistance-program.
The following third party organizations in Baltimore City are offering assistance with paying for housing, if needed, during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
1. Franciscan Center: 410-467-5340
2. HealthCare Access Maryland (HCAM): 410-649-0529
3. American Legion Department of MD State Headquarters: 410-752-1405, 800-433-3318
4. New Shiloh Baptist Church: 410-523-5306
5. All Saints Church: 410-542-0445
6. Mount Moriah Baptist: 410-945-3575
7. New Creation Christian Church Love Outreach Ministry: 410-488-5653
8. Paul’s Place: 410-625-0775
9. Walbrook Vicinity Churches Assistance Ministry: 410-383-1525
10. Zion Baptist Church: 410-837-4181
11. St. Anthony of Padua: 410-488-9918
12. Mercy Supportive Housing Program: 410-675-2125
13. Salvation Army Family Service Center: 410-783-2920
14. City Temple Outreach: 410-383-8040, 410-462-4800
15. Friendship Outreach Center: 410-444-1595
16. Bon Secours Community Works: 410-362-3808
17. Baltimore City District Court — Eviction Prevention Program: 410-878-8650
18. St Vincent de Paul — The Samaritan Center: 667-600-3700 ext. 1